Book: Sydney's Song by Ia Uarocategories: Book, Socio Fiction, Travel, Australia, Humorous Fiction, Family Drama, Coming of Age, Love, Empowerment, Motivational, Anorexia, Self-Help, Brain Injury, Young Adult Fiction
Ia Uaroabout this book: Grounded in the suburban settings of Sydney and Boston where heartbreaks are juxtaposed with humour, SYDNEY'S SONG is a young girl's courageous journey to adulthood and a love story. A work of fiction based on true stories and real events, this novel with an Australian accent also shows the world that living with disabilities does not prevent a person from attaining happiness.
Tragically funny, heartwarming and inspiring, this book primarily aims to entertain. Written for 15 to 99 year olds, SYDNEY'S SONG will delight readers of any genre who occasionally want something different in their bookshelves.
The heroine is Sydney of Sydney, an undefeatable girl. She meets Pete, the only American among a group of British backpackers. So, what do young adult travelers do in Sydney? How exactly do they live in this vibrant city? A vivid portrayal of the city and the people of Sydney, this novel contains intriguing details you will not find elsewhere.
And who is Pete, the gorgeous guy with many secrets? Pete is the reason why this book is written. He is real. And he's somebody that all readers so far have fallen in love with.
Part of Sydney's Song proceeds will be donated to the Brain Foundation. It is available in ebook, paperback, and large-print paperback. Artfully illustrated by the author who is also an artist, the paperback versions make a perfect gift idea.
FICTIONALISED TRUE STORIES. Around 90% of the entire dialogues have been real; the author fictionalised the real events that glue them together.
PRAISE FOR SYDNEY'S SONG:
• PETER FITZSIMONS: "Strong characters, evocative writing..."
• IRINA DUNN: "SYDNEY'S SONG is intelligent, touching, interesting and funny."
• JACOB COATES: "A fantastic love story grounded quite firmly in a suburban setting with real characters. An honest and emotional story of incredible passion and emotion, SYDNEY'S SONG captures you from the off. Its serious story of love and heartbreak is expertly juxtaposed against the humour of the call centre."
• NORMA FOWLER: "Riveting... a young woman who is very keenly perceptive in all people and situations about her."
• MATT POSNER: "SYDNEY'S SONG demonstrates the way in which human beings can thrive under adversity using the power of their hearts and wills."
• UVI POZNANSKY: "I was too busy laughing and crying at every twist and turn of this story."
• J. LENNI DORNER: "Wonderful and compelling...The exploration of the dynamic of the broken family was deeply moving."
• PHIL NORK: "The writing was superb, the story kept me interested and the ending touched me in ways most books don't."
• REYNA HAWK: "It really made me feel as though I was right there in Australia! Oh and the ending—"
• MARY METCALFE: "Haunting."
• MERLENE ALLISON: "Tears fill your eyes as she struggles with disaster only to be replaced with pride as she triumphs over each obstacle"
• WENDY STRACHAN: "A proper love story with true sentiment but not sentimental. Just lovely."
• DIANA WILDER: "A wonderful book that will have you smiling, weeping - and then smiling widely through your tears."
• CYPHER LX: "Balancing a full range of emotions, Ia Uaro brings Sydney and a full cast of characters to life while handling difficult situations and topics in a wonderfully delicate manner"
• BRENDA FRANKLIN: "Touches more than just the surface."
• SADIE DUARTE: "An in-depth look to the mental anguish caused by physical disabilities but, at the same time, gives a glimmer of hope"
• BRIANNA LEE MCKENZIE: "I related to Sydney the moment I met her."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Sydney's Song by Ia Uaro
• Book Review: An Improper Situation by Sydney Jane Baily|
• Book Review: Cabin Fever by Sheila Claydon|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.