Book: Reckless Beginnings by Tina Hogan Grantcategories: Book, Stories of Hope, Abuse, Family Life, Social Issues, Addiction, Strong Female Character, Heroin, Forbidden Love Affair, Sisters, Coming of Age, Lifes Lessons, Women's Fiction
Tina Hogan Grantabout this book: What would you do if you lost your way in life? If your sister simply vanishes and because you fear the turmoil in your own life, searching for her becomes impossible.
Tammy Mellows is living such a life. After leaving her birth country of England to move to America, she had high hopes of finding her sister and living the American dream. Will she find her sister?
She meets Steven, has his child and settles down. But Steven is not the perfect man that she thought he was. He has a dark secret that he has been keeping from her and because she only saw what she wanted to see, Tammy misses the signs that he is a heroin addict. When she finally faces the truth, it's too late. Her life is now consumed and dictated by his addiction. Out of fear she loses her identity and her own path in life.
She is unable to make any decisions of her own and becomes the silent and forgotten one.
Reckless Beginnings shows the flip side of addiction and how it affects the loved ones of addicts. A voice we rarely hear. A story based on true events, shows the journey of Tammy Mellows and what challenges she must face in order to gain back her life. It's an emotional roller coaster of sad and happy times that will pull at your heart strings and have you on the edge of your seat wondering what's going to happen next.
Anyone that is in an abusive relationship will learn from reading Tammy's story that their lives matter and they don't have to settle.
• I loved this story. It was amazing!! It totally captured me from page 1. After reading the first few chapters I was addicted and couldn't put the book down. — Stewart Book Reviews
• A very good page turner. The main character of the book is very well written and i felt so connected to her life, her choices and her pain and happiness. — Dana D
• Reckless Beginnings has excellent character development, and Tina Hogan Grant does a fabulous job of showing the heartbreak of being involved with a drug addict. Compelling, heart-rending read. Couldn't put it down. — Michele I. Khoury – Author of Busted
• Hogan Grant has a great sense of storytelling and she succeeds in keeping readers engaged through each page of her gripping story. — Readers' Favorites.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Reckless Beginnings by Tina Hogan Grant
• Book Review: Between the Lies by Annay Dawson|
• Book Review: The Visitors by Katy Newton Naas|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.