Book: A 21st Century Coven by May J. Panayicategories: Book, Covens, Magic, Witches, Meditation, Spells, Rituals, Sabbats, Festivals, Divination, History, Priestess, Witchcraft
May J. Panayiabout this book: May J. Panayi was a witch and high priestess for many years, running a coven in Brighton UK for the last nine of those years. This book gathers together her experiences of the craft, along with a historical look at witches and covens. It contains practical, usable information such as spells and correspondences, rituals for specific purposes, as well as those to celebrate the wheel of the year sabbats, and the esbats. It also has some meditations and guided pathworkings as well as a variety of divination techniques. Whether you are a witch working alone or a coven member; or even just an interested outsider, this book will have something to interest you.
The October 2015 edition of Chat It's Fate magazine contains a double page interview about the authors coven life, with pictures.
• E.Hull: I will look upon a snowdrop with new eyes now as not only a harbinger of spring and a thing of beauty but also for its other qualities.
• KiwiG: If you are a practicing witch then this book has much practical advice and instruction on how to conduct yourself and how to hold meetings and rituals, but if you are an outsider there is still much in here to fascinate and interest you.
• M.Kelly: A very practical book, offering not only a large selection of rituals and pathworkings, but perhaps more importantly many of the interpersonal and problem solving skills that the leader of a coven or small practicing group will need to know. Written by an experienced priestess, whose wisdom and hard-earned insights into the smooth running of a group are here shared so that others may benefit.
• Helen M: An insight into life in a modern day coven, from a High Priestess who ran a coven herself for years. This book covers it all, from what it's all about, the solstices and sabbats, to actual rituals and spells.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by May J. Panayi (more)
• Book Review: Sunset Spells (The Witches Of New Moon Beach Book 4) by Meriam Wilhelm|
• Book Review: Witches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.