Book: The Two Week Traveller by Matthew Lightfootcategories: Book, Travel, Adventure, Independent Travel, Holidays, Vacation, Traveller, Travelling, Memoir, Travelogue, Travel Book, Exploring, Travel Writing
Matthew Lightfootabout this book: Do you love to travel, but also have to work?
You believe that the journey is as important as the destination?
And is a fortnight lying on a beach never enough?
If so, you have a lot in common with Matthew Lightfoot, author of The Two Week Traveller.
Born with an insatiable sense of wanderlust, but restricted by the demands of a full time job, Matthew set out to explore the world using only his annual work holiday allowance.
Almost 150 countries, and countless adventures later, the Two Week Traveller explains how he did it, and (just about!) lived to tell the tales.
Funny, scary, poignant, informative and thought-provoking in equal measure, the Two Week Traveller is a unique travelogue recounting anecdotes from hundreds of trips to every corner of the globe.
Read it and be inspired! Two weeks on a beach may never be enough again.
The Two Week Traveller is rated 5 Stars on Amazon.co.uk, and is sold in all Amazon stores.
What readers think –
• "Love the fact it's about travel just using your work holiday allowance... can't quite work out if he's mad or brave!"
• "This is a wittily written book, engaging to the point you really do want to know what happened next."
• "Thoroughly enjoyable read, you won't believe where he's been, the author appears to be a cross between Indiana Jones & Mr Bean!"
• "Whilst it appears that Matthew has either a death wish or ultimate faith in his guardian angel, you can tell by his writing that he can simply talk his way out of any situation. Either way, I read the book over two days as I couldn't put it down."
• "This book gives a real life insight into the interesting, enriching, exciting and sometimes scary experiences of the world and the people in it which can be achieved in 2 weeks."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: The Two Week Traveller by Matthew Lightfoot
• Book Review: Get Great Trips for Free - Make Travel Writing Work for You by Linda Ballou|
• Book Review: All The Time In The World - A Time Traveller's Tale by Michael Siddall|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.