Book: Trot On! - ‘frank, funny, sometimes tragic’ (Sell the Pig) by Tottie Limejuicecategories: Book, Biography, Wales, Horses, Humour, True Accounts, Biography Women, True Accounts Women, Travel Memoirs
Tottie Limejuiceabout this book: What the readers say:
• 'there are moments when you laugh out loud, moments when you dive for the tissues, and times when you wonder just how she kept going!'
• 'well written, full of funny anecdotes about the people she met along the way and the good friends made. Also details of a sixth sense that came in very useful during an encounter with Jimmy Savile.'
• 'I was expecting mountains from this book, both metaphorical and physical. Tottie delivered both. Challenging and sometimes tragic events are recounted with honesty, discretion and with sensitivity.'
• 'frank, funny and sometimes tragic really sums this book up accurately'
I've always loved telling stories. Since I was a small child. So it seemed logical, when I dropped my old life in England to move to France with my 89-year-old mother with dementia and my troubled brother, to write a book about it. Sell the Pig was going to be a one-off. Then it morphed into a trilogy. Which somehow grew to five volumes.
Still the readers weren't satisfied. They wanted to know what went before. So here it is. Sell the Pig – the early years. My time spent running a riding centre on top of a wind-swept plateau in Wales.
Don't worry if you're not into horses. As reviewers have said, it's like sitting down for a cup of tea and a natter with the author in person. It will make you laugh. It might make you cry. And the style is no-holds-barred.
So why don't you put the kettle on, pull up a chair and open the book?
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Tottie Limejuice
• Book Review: Mother, was it worth it? (The Sell The Pig Series Book 3) by Tottie Limejuice|
• Book Review: Biff the Useless Mention - Book IV of the Sell the Pig trilogy (The Sell The Pig Series 4) by Tottie ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.