Book: Sell the Pig - a travel tale with a twist (The Sell The Pig Series Book 1) by Tottie Limejuicecategories: Book, France, Elderly Care, Dementia, Moving to France, Humour, Central Europe, Travel Memoirs
Tottie Limejuiceabout this book: What readers says:
• 'the book is in parts so funny and also so moving I couldn't help but be amazed at Tottie's strength of character and sense of humour!!'
• 'humour, warmth and courage! This book and its follow ups encompass all that is entertaining and fulfilling when reading for the pleasure and enrichment of the soul'
• 'what I found so remarkable was Tottie's amazingly optimistic attitude all the way through. She leads her readers through this wonderfully detailed and honest account with great skill and leaves you wanting to know more!'
• 'this very unique take on the 'escape to France' genre manages to tell the author's story but with so much fun, affection and verve it is impossible not to fall in love with the book (and the author)'
• 'the author is a wonderfully warm writer with a cracking sense of humour'
Why would anyone decide to uproot their mother of 89, suffering from vascular dementia, to relocate her to a new country? And do it in the company of a drink-dependant brother with serious mental health issues?
Because it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Tottie and her brother decide that, with the lack of suitable care for their frail elderly mother in the UK, a fresh start in France might be a good option for all of them.
Sell the Pig is a travel tale with a twist – far from your usual 'moving to France' saga. It describes with alternating humour and poignancy how a somewhat dysfunctional family decide move to rural France.
Eccentric Tottie, her brother, their mother, whose dementia has given her an obsession with bums, and an equally elderly border collie, decide France's Auvergne is to be their new home. This is the story of what led them to make that journey.
Why don't you come along for the ride?
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Tottie Limejuice
• Book Review: Is That Billinge Lump - Sell the Pig series Book II (The Sell The Pig Series 2) by Tottie Limejuice|
• Book Review: Mother, was it worth it? (The Sell The Pig Series Book 3) by Tottie Limejuice|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.