Book: Mother, was it worth it? (The Sell The Pig Series Book 3) by Tottie Limejuicecategories: Book, Biography, France, Elderly Care, Dementia, Europe, Auvergne, Humour, Biography Women, True Accounts Women, Travelogue, Travel Memoirs
Tottie Limejuiceabout this book: What the readers say:
• 'Tottie's warmth, wit and love of the Auvergne shine from every page. Superbly written, this memoir has a lively conversational style that makes you feel as if you are sitting with her listening to these wonderful anecdotes'
• 'the story of moving to France with Mother and brother and the ups and downs, happenstances and hilarities have been a joy. Sometimes tear stained and bittersweet, sometimes hilarious but always written delightfully'
• 'the author's story telling is fantastic, her descriptions of people, places and events so vivid that you could be at the Grottage and holidaying in the Auvergne. I highly recommend you purchase this book and allow yourself to be immersed into rural France for a few hours'
• 'this will give you an idea what an exceptional woman Tottie is, apart from all she has achieved and continues to do, she is a wonderful writer, impeccable grammar, great description of her lifestyle, her neighbours,friends and her much loved animals'
• 'Tottie is honest and unflinching. Into the narrative come various French people but the stand out character is France itself'
Tottie and her brother moved to Central France's Auvergne looking for a better life for their elderly, befuddled mother who spent much of her time reciting the catchphrase which was to become this series' title, Sell the Pig. 'Mother, mother it's a b*gger, sell the pig and buy me out."
Now her mother has gone to pick blackberries on Billinge Lump for all eternity. It's time to catch up with Tottie as she starts her new life in Tottie's Grottage. Meet her new neighbours, from exotic birds to colourful characters like the Bin Pickers, Library Lady and the Bowing Farmer. All are described with Tottie's familiar gently ironic humour.
Tottie's fallen completely in love with France. But will France take Tottie to its heart and allow her the final accolade – the Frogification of Tottie?
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Tottie Limejuice
• Book Review: Biff the Useless Mention - Book IV of the Sell the Pig trilogy (The Sell The Pig Series 4) by Tottie ...|
• Book Review: Is That Billinge Lump - Sell the Pig series Book II (The Sell The Pig Series 2) by Tottie Limejuice|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.