Book: Hobbit House in Italy by Tottie Limejuicecategories: Book, European Travel, Italy, France, Humour, Travel by Train, Hobbit House, True Accounts, Travelogue, Essays, Women Travellers, Apennines, Travel Memoirs
Tottie Limejuiceabout this book: What the readers say:
• 'lovely, light-hearted look at how one lady braved the rail systems of Europe to travel through France to visit her friend in Italy - such fun to read'
• 'filled with amusing and witty dialogue which made me giggle in several places, and so typical of Tottie I found myself awaiting some sort of calamity to happen'
• 'not a weighty tome, but rammed to the rafters with gentle humour - perfect recipe to get an otherwise dull day off to a smiley start. Jill's dry humour & her surprise at not successfully killing off her house guest had me chuckling (not very) quietly to myself'
• 'fun little travelogue written in the usual Tottie style. This writer has me in fits much of the time'
• 'not a typical travel review, it gives marvellous tasters of Italy and especially of the hobbit house - you just want to be there! You want to share the adventures of geographically challenged Jill and Tottie bum gazer - a fun read!'
Tottie loves languages. So even for a brief few days in Italy, she prepared herself by diligently studying Italian in an online course. Armed with such essential phrases as 'the men are writing in the sugar' and 'the bear is eating a mouse', she fearlessly boards a high-speed French train bound for Milan.
Her geographically-challenged friend Jill arranges to drive to meet her off the train to save time. Unfortunately, they finish up driving for hours since Jill has confused north and south.
This is a short but sweet travelogue that's sure to make you smile. Full of humour and local colour for a light-hearted look at European travel.
Will accident-prone Tottie ever arrive safely at her Apennine destination, the famous Hobbit House in Italy? And was her limited Italian enough to cope with unforeseen circumstances?
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Tottie Limejuice
• Book Review: Mother, was it worth it? (The Sell The Pig Series Book 3) by Tottie Limejuice|
• Book Review: Biff the Useless Mention - Book IV of the Sell the Pig trilogy (The Sell The Pig Series 4) by Tottie ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.