Book: south of good (Hardin Steel Book 1) by Randall Reneaucategories: Book, Action Adventure, Suspense, Mystery, Murder, Caribean, Texas, Mexico, Cuba, Thriller
Randall Reneauabout this book: Forced out of the DEA after twenty years, Hardin Steel , Stainless to his close friends, has managed to get himself elected Sheriff of Cameron County, Texas. Twice divorced, with a bit of a drinking problem, he's now dating Rory Roughton, a fiery sixth-generation Texan who's as rich as she is beautiful—and hell-bent on keeping Steel on the straight and narrow. But then his best friend, Wes Stoddard, is nearly shot down flying in a load of pot, Rory is kidnapped by a Russian mercenary working for the most dangerous cartel in Mexico, and the Cuban Mafia decides they'd like the former DEA agent—dead.
Steel is forced to take unsanctioned, unconventional—and mostly illegal—action in order to save himself and those closest to him . . .
• "An effervescent ride chock-full of memorable action and characters." — Kirkus Reviews
• "This intelligent, well-written drug thriller is also wickedly funny." — Foreword Clarion Reviews (5-star)
• "south of good is a five-star read that will be enjoyed by all crime story fans who like unique characters." — ReaderViews
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: The Sheriff and Branding Iron Murders (The Sheriff Charles Matthews Mysteries) by D.R. Meredith|
• Book Review: The Sheriff and the Folsom Man Murders (The Sheriff Charles Matthews Mysteries) by D.R. Meredith|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.