Book: Seeking Shelter by Rebecca J. Vickerycategories: Book, Inspirational Elements, Insurance Scam, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Cowboys and Horses, Ranch Setting, Con Artist, Adventure, Sniper, Romantic Mystery, Sweet Romance
Rebecca J. Vickeryabout this book: My grandson asked the question: "Why don't you ever write about horses? Will you please write a book without all the kissy-kissy stuff with a horse in it I can read?" The idea for Seeking Shelter was born. This novel is a bit different than my usual sensual romances, as it was written sweetly, with my grandson in mind. It also contains an Inspirational tone which depicts our family beliefs and values more than my other books and stories.
During the research for Seeking Shelter, I came upon several news items regarding insurance scams used to collect money from horses who no longer earned their keep. Incorporating one such scheme into this story was sure to add the excitement needed to change a simple sweet romance into a dangerous effort to protect a horse and find a forever home.
• "Quite an unusual love story, with lots of intrigue thrown in to keep you on the edge of your seat, makes for a warm and fuzzy kind of read by the fire. If you love horses, cowboys and romance, this is the book for you."
— Rita Hestand ~ bestselling author of The Travers Brothers Series
• "SEEKING SHELTER is overall about the harsh realities of ranch life, the loneliness and the game of chance that as owner and grandson to the original ranch holder Brigham Montgomery faces every day, every season. Toss Kat into the mix, with her own set of problems and issues and a loose cannon running around the hillside with a rifle and this was a full on read."
— Erotic Horizon
• "The themes of self-forgiveness, love and acceptance are all there, but there is that spiritual element, very real and true to the movement of the story... I highly recommend this read."
— Evie Alexis ~ author of And Cafe Con Leche
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Rebecca J. Vickery (more)
Video: Seeking Shelter by Rebecca J. Vickery
• Book Review: Surviving With Love by Rebecca J. Vickery|
• Book Review: Clint's Choice by Rebecca J. Vickery|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.