Deadly Eyes by Michael Meyercategories: Book, Caribbean Island, St. Croix, Mystery, Thriller, Murder, International Thriller, Fast-Paced Mystery, Romantic Suspense, Action and Adventure, Virgin Island, Suspense
Michael Meyerabout this book: Writing is a lonely avocation, just my trusty computer at my side, as I work hard to create people, places, and plots that other people might enjoy reading. Marketing one’s own writing is an extremely lonely business. Unlike having a traditional publisher and all of its clout behind me, I have only myself, and I am a writer, not a salesperson. I find it difficult to toot my own horn, though I know that it is essential in order to get word of the very existence of my work out to the reading public. So what keeps me going? The writing, of course, gives me a lot of enjoyment. I am actually like a reader as I write. I never quite know how things will turn out in the end, not only of the book itself, but also in specific scenes. I thoroughly enjoy working with words, stringing them together in a creative way. Language has always fascinated me. Can you goose a goose? Does a house burn up or burn down? If you are going to come visit me, are you coming or going? Why would you want to swipe your card at a cash register if you already own the card? There is a huge difference between snap to and snap at. The list can go on and on. I love to play with words as I write, and this can be seen in DEADLY EYES.
Marketing my own work, however, is a completely different ballgame. I am a good writer, but I lack a lot in the area of salesmanship. I do seek out as many reviewers, interviewers, and bloggers as I can, and I am very thankful for all of these people, but every hour I spend tooting my own horn could be spent creating, my real forte. So what keeps me plugging away at my lonely avocation of writing? The answer is found in the wonderful reactions that readers have to my work. Their excitement serves to push me forward. I like people, and it makes me happy to see that they, in turn, like what I have created. Here are a few random lines from posted reviews of DEADLY EYES on my Amazon author’s site as examples of what I mean:
• "The ride is fast and furious and the outcome will leave you blindsided....I recommend Deadly Eyes to all readers for its fast paced action coupled with the mesmerizing and intense suspense."
— Marilou George, THE KINDLE BOOK REVIEW
• "Michael Meyer has done it again, weaving a fascinating tale of murder and intrigue in the tropical paradise of St. Croix that will keep you turning the page to the very end."
— Nick Russell, author of BIG LAKE
• "Michael Meyer has another hit on his hands with ‘Deadly Eyes’…. This is another 5-star book by a 5-star writer…. If you have never read Michael Meyer, do yourself a favor and pick up this book or all of his books, you won't be disappointed."
— D Everetti, author of PUNISHING A GOOD DEED
I think you can see what I mean. It is pretty heady stuff, the type of thing that helps me keep the faith as an Indie writer, a person who is not very good at tooting his own horn but thrills when it is tooted by his readers.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Michael Meyer
Video: Deadly Eyes Trailer
• Book Review: Deadeye (The Bequia Mysteries Book 2) by Michael W. Smart|
• Book Review: Creative Callaloo - Art, Poems, and Recipes Inspired by the Virgin Islands by Danica M. David|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.