Book: What Doesn't Kill You (A Lauren Beck Crime Novel Book 1) by Donna Huston Murraycategories: Book, Cancer Survivor, Ex-Cop, Fiction, Pennsylvania Fiction, Female Sleuth, Lauren Beck, Suspense
Donna Huston Murrayabout this book: Cancer survivor and former cop, Lauren Beck, accepts work as an insurance investigator just as her best friend and landlady, Corinne, becomes dangerously ill. At the funeral, Corinne's daughter, Nina, stuns the congregation by blaming Lauren for her mother's death. Soon Lauren finds herself with no credit, cash, phone, home, or credibility. Coincidence, or Nina? Has one of the insureds whose fraud she exposed taken revenge? Or has someone arranged for her to appear even more guilty of murder? While Lauren scrambles to learn who is ruining her life, a woman who might have answers turns up dead after Lauren was seen outside her door. Now there is no other option. Lauren must hunt down a greed-crazed killer as if her life depends on it.
• "...a feisty protagonist, authentic medicine, and a crime ripped right from the headlines." — Ken Zamkoff, MD
• "Readers of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum and Sue Grafton's Kelsey Milhorne series will love her – she is funny, smart, creative and thoughtful." — Nancy Beam Winter, Prosecutor and former Asst. District Attorney
• "[Murray] handles loss and death's unfairness with aplomb, rendering it moving without being depressing." — Judith Skillings, author of the Rebecca Moore series
• "…a strong-minded, intelligent, and gutsy heroine with the enlightened life-focus of someone who has narrowly escaped death." — Kathleen Anne Barrett, Pres. author of the Milwaukee Mystery Series
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Donna Huston Murray (more)
• Book Review: GUILT TRIP (A Lauren Beck Crime Novel Book 2) by Donna Huston Murray|
• Book Review: A SCORE TO SETTLE (A Ginger Barnes Cozy Mystery Book 5) by Donna Huston Murray|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.