Book Review: Lady Ruth Bromfield - She escaped Nazi persecution as a child and then grew to become an inspirational leader by Gordon Smithcategories: Book, Adventure, Inspiration, Religion, Christian, Jewish, Nobel Prize, Engineering, Industrial, Respect, Romance, Snowy Mountains Scheme, Word War 2, Story of Hope
Gordon Smithabout this book: Lady Ruth Bromfield is a story about a young Jewish girl whose mother handed her over to a English Priest at the beginning of World War 2. She feared for Ruth's safety in Nazi Germany so she thought Ruth would be safe in England at least. It turned out that she was correct because shortly after she handed Ruth to the English Priest, she herself was killed by the Gestapo.
The Priest followed her wish and although she was raised in the Christian faith, she was also exposed to and was allowed to follow the faith of her mother.
Follow Ruth's amazing childhood during the war, she went on to become an engineer and worked on the iconic Australian project, "the Snowy Mountain Hydro Electric Scheme."
We follow her life through a failed marriage and then her rise to become the leader of a major construction organisation.
Her religious beliefs helped her develop a program that could change the way we all understand each other. She eventually was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts.
Her life story includes her awakening as a woman and her beautiful second marriage.
• Peggy on Goodreads said: "Gordon Smith did a great job shedding light on one Jewish girl when history reveals how many lives were cut short." While Katelyn Hensel for Readers Favourite said "The story meanders a bit as she travels to England and then Australia, but I do think that the focus is kept rightfully on this strong and interesting woman as she makes a life for herself, and overcomes differences to find a place where all humans can live in harmony with one another."
• American reviewer Yvonne Lieblein said in the Underground Book Review: "Could there be a more poignant time to read a story about acceptance, understanding and cooperation than during these divisive pre-election days? Lady Ruth Bromfield is ripe with resilience and brimming with examples of triumph over tyranny, adversity, stereotypes and discrimination."
• Perhaps the best way to summarise Lady Ruth Bromfield would be in Mamta Madhavan words of Readers' Favourite: "The story is uplifting and profound, and will help readers overcome differences with others, especially when it comes to tolerance of other religions and ethnicity"
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Gordon Smith
A touching bookIt's a book that allows us to understand perfectly the meaning of words such as 'sacrifice', 'tolerance' and 'goodness'. Lady Ruth Bromfield will become an example of love, kindness and hope among its thousands of experiences, connecting you to cry, smile and hope.
Video 1: Reviews of Lady Ruth Bromfield by Gordon Smith
Video 2: Bromfield Book Trailer
• Book Review: DEBUNKING HOLOCAUST DENIAL THEORIES - Two Non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide by Lance ...|
• Book Review: Toxic Distortions by Teddy Goldstein|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.