Book: Kill the Asp - A Frank Gurrieri Spy Novel by Michael R Wrightcategories: Book, Revenge Thriller, Iran, Middle East, Action-Adventure, Assassination, Spy Thriller
Michael R Wrightabout this book: Kill the Asp is a spy thriller that takes place mostly in Iran. It's a quest for revenge and provides the reader with a visceral experience of Middle Eastern culture. Hidden in the book are references to the ancient Arab-Persian-Indian tale of unrequited love, the Romeo and Juliet story of the area.
There's no mention of the bomb. It's not a doomsday novel. However, it does inform of geopolitical tensions. Readers of Lee Child, Daniel Silva, Barry Eisler, and anyone else who likes a good page-turner will likely enjoy it.
The title is based on the antagonist. His Persian name is taken from a pre-Christian mythological villain. The cover, a snake, is a reference to that name.
Although I lived for five years in the Middle East and four in India, I carefully researched nearly every aspect of the book. The most difficult part in writing was portraying the hero. I wanted him to be as likable as Jack Reacher is to Lee Child fans. Let me know what you think.
Watch the two minute trailer here: https://youtu.be/tDs1aOzFwlc
This is what people are saying:
• …a breathtaking story of action, revenge, justice, terror, and heartbreak with supremely authentic detail….
• The author's detailed descriptions of places and people, his interjections of thought styles and philosophy, and the speed, tension, and pacing are all remarkable.
• ...the experiencing of events is direct and visceral.
• A smart, sexy, action-adventure page-turner….
• Thankfully I have just finished it and can start up my life again. I've barely moved all day as I've been so GRIPPED since last night.
• This book kept me up too late for a couple of nights...
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Kill the Asp, a Spy Thriller by Michael Wright
• Book Review: Winner Lose All - A Spy vs Spy Thriller by William F. Brown|
• Book Review: Thursday at Noon - a Mideast Political Thriller by William F. Brown|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.