Book: I Made These Up (short stories for the fireside) by Jan Hurst-Nicholsoncategories: Book, Humour, Adventure, Historical, Murder, Ghost, Sentimental, Funny, Naughty, Short Stories
Jan Hurst-Nicholsonabout this book: Looking for something quirky, amusing or even a bit naughty to fill in those usually wasted moments travelling on public transport, or waiting in queues? Then try some short stories - you can choose from humour, historical, murder, ghost, sentimental and adventure, and there are even two BONUS read-aloud stories to read to your children.
These stories have been published previously in magazines or newspapers. Some are adapted from chapters in But Can You Drink The Water? and some also appear in Something to Read on the Plane.
• "I thoroughly enjoyed all the short stories in this book, they are all distinctly different and just right to either read the book in a couple of hours, or, squeeze into those brief moments of respite during busy days."
• "Jan is an experienced and assured story-teller and that comes across clearly in this collection. The reader always feels confident that the story will be resolved in a neat and well thought out way. Dip in, you won't regret it."
• "Jan Hurst-Nicholson is one of the latter day short story writers that the advent of the Kindle has revealed after a century of near neglect. She is an amusing story teller too."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Jan Hurst-Nicholson
• Book Review: A Sting In The Tale by Ted Tayler|
• Book Review: Dragon Fireside Tales - The Dragon Chronicles by Adam Boustead|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.