Book: Mothers, Sons, Beloveds, and Other Strangers - A collection of short stories by Janie Dempsey Wattscategories: Book, Literary Fiction, Southern Authors, Southern Stories, California, Europe, Relationship, Women's Stories, Short Stories
Janie Dempsey Wattsabout this book: Lovers of short stories and quirky characters will enjoy these fifteen tales set in the South, California, and Europe.
"I chose this title because I've discovered that hose we think we know best can sometimes act like complete strangers," said author Watts. "Some of the stories are romantic, others are humorous, but all explore relationships and the unexpected places they can take us."
Watts is the author of two novels, Moon Over Taylor's Ridge, nominated for Georgia Author of the Year, and Return to Taylor's Crossing, Indie B.R.A.G. Medallion winner.
With this new short story collection, Watts was named Barnes and Noble "Author of the Month" for June, 2017, Chattanooga, TN.
Reviews by Amazon readers:
• "From southern humor to Italian goddesses, from California canyons to the fields of Georgia, Ms. Watts lets you feel and taste the place and time."
• "A jewel box of a collection. These stories are funny, haunting, at times devastating. Each character is finely wrought.
• "Whimsical, cynical, or just plain fun. Ms. Watts is a master of writing short stories as entertaining as they are original."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Janie Dempsey Watts
• Book Review: Return to Taylor's Crossing by Janie Dempsey Watts|
• Book Review: These Islands Here - Short Stories of the South Pacific by Bronwyn Elsmore|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.