Book: Suburban Dangers by Megan Whitson Leecategories: Book, Young Adult, Yalit, Inspirational, Coming of Age, Teen Sext Tafficking, End Sex Trafficking, Christian Fiction, Inspy, Human Trafficking, Sex Trafficking
Megan Whitson Leeabout this book: Suburban Dangers explores the insidious nature of teen sex trafficking and how it can so easily happen to someone you know and love. Katherine (Kaki) Jones, is a sixteen-year-old high school student with a bright future ahead of her. She comes from a good home and a "safe" suburban neighborhood. Neither Kaki nor her family would ever have thought she'd get caught up with a bad crowd, let alone gang-controlled prostitution. With parents too busy with their own lives to notice their daughter's downward spiral, Kaki has no one to break her fall before she hits rock bottom.
If you think sex trafficking only happens in foreign lands or bad neighborhoods, you may be surprised to learn it is happening at the local high school ... or even in your own front yard.
Praise for SUBURBAN DANGERS:
• "Suburban Dangers is one of those books that sucks you in and doesn't let you go until the last page is read. Its gritty truth with seeds of hope will appeal to both youth and adult readers."
— Julie Hall, Author of award-winning book Huntress (Life After, Book 1)
• "Suburban Dangers is a must read for anyone who loves children, whether parents, extended family members, or caring friends. Ms. Lee's carefully researched story of teen Kaki and her family's plunge into disintegration is a fast-paced, riveting read."
— Elaine Stock, author of Always With You, a 2017 Christian Small Publishers Association Book of the Year Winner
• "A fast paced, eye opening, well written novel, depicting a problem that may be closer to home than you think. When you start it you will have a hard time putting it down!" — 5-star Amazon review
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Pharmacia: Those Magic Arts (Revelation Special Ops Book 2) by Precarious Yates|
• Book Review: Out of darkness (Brier Hospital) by Lawrence Gold, M.D.|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.