Book: The Ballad of Charlie & Horse by Mark Stewartcategories: Book, X Factor, Cocaine, Heroin, Music, Drug Abuse, Kinky Sex, Rock Star, Sex Drugs Rock N Roll
Mark Stewartabout this book: You've seen the queues for X Factor so know how many people dream of becoming a rock star, the 'next big thing' but there's not always a happy ending.
Shane Fisher has innate talent and Rock God looks but it take his best friend to persuade him to start playing gigs in the local pubs.
They start playing covers but things take off a breath taking speed and before long they are playing Shane's material and appearing on local radio and it's there that they get spotted by a record label.
On the day they do their demo Shane finds the producer doing lines of cocaine and before long Shane is joining him and it's the start of a roller coaster ride.
• "I felt empathy with the lead character deeply, to the point that I found myself feeling angry, ashamed, bereft, remorseful, and immortal in equal measure mirroring the character's state of mind. Even after I'd stopped reading for the night."
• "Not my usual reading material as I prefer crime fiction or historic mysteries, but I thoroughly enjoyed this read. All the characters were believable and amusing at times. I read every word, which is a sign of a gripping story as I tend to skip paragraphs if they get a bit dull! Good story with a few twists and shock ending."
• "What a brilliant book! Was gripped til the end - then what a twist!!"
Sex, drugs and rock and roll at its best.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: BEX, DRUGS & ROCK 'n' ROLL by Cristian Matheson|
• Book Review: ROCK STAR - Dream Weaver Novels Book 2 by Su Williams|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.