Book: The Myth of Being Thin by Heather Frasercategories: Book, Happiness, Self-Transformation, Weight Loss, Spiritual, Freedom, Divorce, Abundance, Marriage, Motherhood, Self-Help, Wellness, Self-Acceptance
Heather Fraserabout this book: This book explores an alternative to the mainstream thrust of dieting and weight loss mania. It offers a new and simple path, one that leads you inward, to where all permanent change takes place.
I wrote this book because I wanted to share what I had learned along the path of self-acceptance. I wanted to help other people discover the golden nugget of real, permanent change, and I wrote it mostly for women like me, who may feel trapped in a life they feel they can never possibly change.
This book took me less than a month to write, mostly because it was just ready to be written. All the words were simply there, in my heart, waiting to be expressed at the perfect time.
I chose the cover with the butterfly, as the butterfly represents transformation, and that's what this book is about at its core. I also loved the colors, which I thought were joyful and fresh.
I'd like to express to readers that what I've learned is that it's no fun to live 'outside' of your self. Learning to accept myself and live a balanced, authentic life wasn't easy, and I think that's why most people give up and jump ship. But I also think it was hard because I would not soften, I could not hear my inner voice, so attached was I to believing I had to be/look/live a certain way, how I had to be someone special and important. This book shows you what I've learned about self-acceptance and simplifies it into 4 easy steps so that you don't have to do it the hard way! In the end, everything has been worth the price of admission.
• "If you read this book and skim the contents, devouring them with the same speed and focus you give to reading the celebrity gossip column of Daily Mail, you won't get the point. If you take your time to do the steps, slowly and with deep thought, you will find the key to real beauty. A short book, full of wisdom." — Sue Thomason, UK.
• "Although on the surface this may appear a book on accepting your own weight and physical appearance, it is a lot more than that! It actually deals with learning to find peace through accepting yourself, and as a result become more of who you are. It's a beautifully written book that has a message for everyone. If you want to be happy - read this book!" — M. Weston, LA.
• "At the end I felt all the warm energy Heather was sending from the heart. I have had many of the experiences she is describing and feel encouraged and eager to dive into my own heart space over and over again. Heather just reminded me for myself. I love her book." — Daniela Hristova, Toronto.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Heather Fraser
• Book Review: The Art of Seeing Soul - How to Live Your Life with the Achingly Beautiful Grace of Now by Heather Fraser|
• Book Review: The Truth Behind The Lies - It's Never too Late to Learn about God's Love, the Enemy and The Path to ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.