Book: The High Hunt (The Orion Guild 1) by Adam Connellcategories: Book, Speculative Fiction, Hunt, Hunters, Guild, Safari, Big Game, Rifle, Shotgun, Cartridge, Bullet, Science Fiction
Adam Connellabout this book: "Hunters from across the galaxy converge on a planet to track down infected beasts. For one hunter, at stake are his homeworld and his reputation. For another, the hunt is a final chance to end an old feud, with a single bullet etched with one word on the cartridge: Revenge."
I've always been attracted to novels about hunting, but there are so few. As a science fiction writer, one day I thought, "What would hunting be like in the future?" Then I saw all kinds of laser rifles, advanced hunting tech, advanced hunting techniques. That kind of book would bore me as a writer, and you as a reader. Another thought came to me later, "What about a guild of professional hunters in the future who bind themselves to weapons and techniques from the past?"
This appealed to me. Future hunters only allowed rifles, shotguns, and ammo created before 1953, the year the guild was established in the book. With this limitation on the characters, I felt I had a meaty plot, interesting hunters, as well as interesting foes from another guild that is less sportsmanlike and utilizes modern/futuristic weaponry. Now, now there's a story. I'm confident that the novel carries my treatise fully, and I'm also confident that you'll enjoy it. Welcome to THE HIGH HUNT.
Here's what some critics had to say:
• "Energetic, edgy sci-fi with a Game of Thrones bend. Explosive action in the far future."
— Kirkus Reviews
• "Successful simply as an action novel, The High Hunt also does what some of the best science fiction has always done: it illuminates important truths about humanity."
— ForeWord Clarion Reviews (5 out of 5 stars)
• "Lansing's choices will test everything he has come to know as truth in this powerful saga, recommended for any who love hunting dramas, stories of confrontations between strong resourceful individualists, and science fiction."
— The Midwest Book Review
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Adam Connell
• Book Review: Curse Breaker - Guild Assassin by Berley Kerr|
• Book Review: Intwine (Intwine Saga) by Christina Moss|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.