Book: The Girl in the Bird - Romance and Alien Power in the Current Middle Ages by Christine M Talleycategories: Book, Aliens, Sword Fighter, Unlikely Heroine, Nurse, NaNoWriMo, Alien Power, Homely Heroine, Rocky Romance, BBW, Science Fiction Romance
Christine M Talleyabout this book: I got a seed of an idea for a science fiction/romance novel when I challenged myself to write a 50,000 page book in a month during NaNoWriMo (National Write a Novel in a Month.) It was quite a challenge to write 1667 words/day and it finally took me 3 attempts during NaNoWriMo to actually finish but when I was done, I had an 83,000 page novel. I was inspired (and pushed with the cattle-prod of the challenge) and when I sat down to write, a good bit almost wrote itself. I fell in love with one of my characters, Bess, a witty, smart nurse who is homely as sin and wanted her to get the handsome sword fighter (instead of a pretty woman winning all the time) so part of the story revolves on their relationship. I was a sword fighter for 9 years in a medieval reenactment group called the Society for Creative Anachronism, so one of my characters wound up being a female sword fighter with a romance littered with troubles. I enjoyed writing about my teenager with a developing alien power- it stretched my imagination and I hope you enjoy the novel, too.
It got three 5 star reviews on Amazon, including the following:
• "I really enjoyed the whole story line... In fact I really hated to have it end."
• "Really enjoyed the love story, also the setting, held my interest, each time I put the book down could not wait, to resume reading."
• "I thought this was a great story. I found myself laughing and crying with the chara[c]ters and the story…"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Cuquita - The alien miracle girl by Matthew Thomas|
• Book Review: P-47 Pilots - The Fighter-Bomber Boys by Tom Glenn|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.