Book: CHASING WINTER by Jude E. McNamaracategories: Book, Second Chance Romance, Interracial Romance, Contemporary Romance Novel, African-American Romance, Romance Book, Romance Reads, Romance Lover, Multicultural Romance, Romantic Suspense
Jude E. McNamaraabout this book: This book is for everyone that has ever loved and lost but has faith in the winds of love blowing back their direction a second time around. The universe sometimes has a sense of humor. Is it really true that if a lost love is meant to be yours, it will come back around again? Maybe so, maybe not, but if it does, the question remains, do you jump back on that old roller-coaster, gamble, and take that ride once more? This central question was my inspiration for this savvy "second-chance" romance––"Chasing Winter." So for those of us that have experience with that question, you'll find this multicultural romance will have you flipping the page to see what happens next to our loved and lost protagonists.
Why I chose this cover.
I fell in love with the book cover because it captures the essence of all the elements predominate in this multicultural romantic suspense novel. Red ballet slippers for the heroine who is a famous Principal Ballerina, the handsome man who wants her back in his orbit seven years later, and the city-scape background in the title for a love story set in New York. Of all my book covers, this one is my favorite. So much so, that I blew it up to poster size, framed it, and hung it in my office months before I actually finished the story. There was no way I couldn't finish the story because the characters on my wall begged for my attention every time I entered the room.
Here's what some readers have said about the novel Chasing Winter:
• "What I enjoyed about the book was the friendships established between the main characters and the side characters. In fact, I will say the side characters were so interesting that I wanted to know more about their story."
• "The thing I love about Jude's books is just when I think I know what is going to happen, the plot goes an entirely different way."
• "I also liked that Winter who was mixed race was unapologetically Black and wasn't ambiguously Black"
• "Both characters are compelling in their own right which makes the story of their second try at love even more enjoyable."
• "Excellent read! Great literature is a welcome distraction to all of the stress on my nation."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Healing Inc. by Deneice P Tarbox|
• Book Review: Finding Love for a Cynic by Deneice P Tarbox|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.