Book: Highway Song - A Smokey's Roadhouse Novel by Jessa Jacobscategories: Book, Alpha Male, Bad Boy, Stepbrother, Romance, Rock Star, Crime, Second Chance, Sexy, Biker, Motorcycle Club, Romantic Suspense
Jessa Jacobsabout this book: When I wrote Highway Song, the first of the Smokey's Roadhouse series, I was looking for a mashup of some popular themes. So I posed the question – what if the hero and heroine had been stepsiblings (to fit into the popular stepbrother romances), but only for a couple of years, many years ago? What if she recognized him, but he didn't recognize her?
Then I mixed in a little MC background color, for the world where all of the Smokey's Roadhouse books would take place. And a would-be rock star, because the hero has to be hot, right? The title came from the idea to title the books in the series after songs that fit the book somehow. This book is about a Southern Rock band on the road, so what better title could I come up with than one of the most iconic Southern Rock songs of its time?
So, there you have it – Highway Song is about a struggling rock band that gets stranded in the middle of nowhere, and the unlikely coincidence of the leader's long-lost stepsister working at the place where they take shelter. From there, some twists and turns take them through events both humorous and tension-filled, with a lot of spice along the way. Here's what some of my reviewers had to say about it:
• Lots of ups and downs and everything in between. There were bikers and rock stars and step sister to bad band members and other things.
• From the very first page, or even word, we are slapped with a mental attention grabbing start to a story. Not knowing what will come from the very next page had me bumping into damn walls because I COULD NOT PUT THIS one down.
• I loved Rex. I mean, how can you not fall for a fictional character that is dominating and sexy but caring and a heart full of love?
• Amy has to be one of the strongest woman I have met while reading: she's survived addiction, prostitution, beatings and so much more that I can only have nightmares about thinking about it. It's no wonder she keeps running from not only her past, but from those who want her either dead or worst. [sic]
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Scorch (WHB MC club Book 1) by Laurie Pailes-Lindeman|
• Book Review: Never Say Never Again - A Laurel Creek Romance by WS Carmichael|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.