Book: Dark Digital Sky (Dark Pantheon Series Book 1) by Carac Allisoncategories: Book, Thriller, Crime, Noir, Hardboiled, Hard-Boiled, Detective, Private Investigator
Carac Allisonabout this book: LA Private Investigator Chalk has pulp fiction ink in his veins. But he brings more than gumshoe wisecracks to the new noir landscape. The tools of his trade are an unregistered Glock, a Porsche 911 and the hacker hardware to read your emails and listen in on your phone calls.
"Dark Digital Sky" is the first in the Dark Pantheon series. It starts with a job to find three adult sons fathered through a sperm bank. But then the brothers connect to a violent underworld heist. They become the critical link to a domestic terrorist stealing pharmaceutical drugs for veterans. And this madman is planning a video game style attack against the nation.
These are quotes from crime blogs and zines:
• "The next generation of PI has arrived and his name is Chalk."
— Crime Thriller Hound
• "Fresh. Fast. Innovative. A cyberpunk revival of 1950's hardboiled crime."
— Mav Skye, Pulp Metal Magazine
• "A geeky technothriller for the 21st Century."
— Marika, Mystery Sequels
• "'Dark Digital Sky' is probably the closest we'll ever get to a model of 'geek noir.' It's a must-read for anyone looking for a distinctive, unique literary voice."
— Blog THIS Pal
This is a small sample of what readers are saying on Amazon:
• "Imagine if Phillip Marlowe's genes were spliced with Sherlock Holmes in this day and age. You'd end up with the anti-hero of this book, the brilliant, if heavily troubled, cynical gumshoe named Chalk."
— Rick Gualtieri
• " . . .Chalk is decidedly like Marlowe or Mickey Spillane, Lew Archer or Sam Spade: you want him on your side when the chips are down."
— E. Lee Zimmerman
• "Carac has erected a whole new temple unto crime, which sets the bar extremely high for others wishing to imitate Carac's genius."
— D. West 'Bones'
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Getting Lucky by Bob Sanchez|
• Book Review: Secrets of a Real-Life Female Private Eye by Colleen Collins|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.