Book: The Year of YES! - What if you said YES! to everything your Soul told you to do for one year? by Tracee Siouxcategories: Book, Spiritual Growth, Metaphysical, Memoir, Elizabeth Gilbert, Brene Brown, Shonda Rhimes, Year of Yes, Oprah, Single Parents, Divorce, Mid-Life, Personal Growth
Tracee Siouxabout this book: Tracee Sioux did a one-year experiment after divorcing her husband of 12 years. The experiment was to listen to her Soul's Voice and do what it said for one year.
During that year she kept a diary, tracking her progress, insights and healing experiences. This was the year she turned 40 and she had dedicated her year to healing her the past. Unlike many memoirs, Tracee did not cut the embarrassing or negative parts out. This isn't a retrospective book where the author looks back and says, "yeah that was hard, but now it's awesome." This book is RAW and unfiltered.
As the book cover suggests Tracee bared her Soul in this book, though terrified of public crucifixion, she published it anyway. Every time Tracee wanted to not publish such personal information her Soul would promise this: This book with heal you and those who read it.
The Soul never lies, never misdirects and always knows what's best. Reader's will follow Tracee as she takes leaps into the unknown and learns to live and reconstruct her life in a whole new way.
• Mostly memoir with a heaping dose of practical and metaphysical trail blazing, I'm learning a lot about how to think about money, life's work, fulfilling desire and even marriage. — Jeanne Andrus
• It is funny, encouraging, touching and teaching. It has you begin to listen to the quiet, persistent and gentle voice of YOUR soul. — Beth Bolta
• WOW! I was blushing at some points because of her candid writing but she tells it like it is and there is no editing of her words to make the reader feel more comfortable with what she shares. I think her honesty in this book is nothing short of amazing and you would find a handful of people who would ever be so bold. — JGB
• 5 stars just for her- for her bravery and commitment and perseverance-- and I think that should be celebrated and rewarded with stars. It also did motivate me to pay attention to similar issues in my own life. — E Read
• If you do nothing else for yourself, read this book and listen to the echoes in your own heart - then do something about it!!!! 11 stars for "The Year of YES!" — Patsy-Patricia
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Tracee Sioux
Video 1: Ignite Fort Collins 18: Tracee Sioux - The Dirty Little Secret of Divorce - It's Awesome!
Video 2: Eryc Eyl interviews Tracee Sioux, author of The Year of YES!
• Book Review: Soul vs. Ego Smackdown - How to say YES! to your Soul and tell your Ego to Suck It. by Tracee Sioux|
• Book Review: 27 (Twenty-Seven) - Six Friends, One Year by R. J. Heald|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.