Book: Oracle 12C New Features - SQL, PL/SQL & Administration by asim chowdhurycategories: Book, 12C New Features, SQL New Features, PL/SQL New Features, Oracle New Features, DBA New Features, SQL PL/SQL Features, Oracle SQL PL/SQL, SQL Refactoring, Oracle 12C
asim chowdhuryabout this book: This book is for enthusiast who would like to know 12c new features with real life examples. This book expanded the following features of 12c SQL:
• Row limiting clause, expand sqltext of a view, internal parser re-written sql, Invisible column, session level sequence, extended data type, truncate with cascade option, default value for NULL column, auto populate column using sequence and identity type, advanced index compression, Lateral/cross apply/outer apply, multiple index on a column, match_recognise clause for inter-rows pattern, In memory column store etc.
For 12c PL/SQL it has expanded the following features:
• WITH clause improvement, PRAGMA UDF, REDACTION, BEQUEATH clause, Restructuring error stack and backtrace, enhancement in PL/SQL specific data type support in NDS &binding, white listing by means of accessible by clause, Invoker right code using result_cache, improvement in conditional compilation, granting role to stored subprogram instead of user etc.
For 12c ADMINISTRATION it has expanded the following features:
• Adaptive query optimization and online stats gathering, faster online table column addition, DDL LOGGING, adding multiple new partition, global temporary table enhancement, stats gathering improvement, heat map, improvement in auditing using flashback, improvement in tracking security sensitive tables, import & export of version history, free flashback archive and optimize option, Multitenant container database with Pluggable database option etc. While explaining only 12c new features, I have tried to provide alternative approach prior to 12c also so that the reader can understand the concept with an ease. Hope this 75 pages book will help immensely to learn all the 12c new features and help the reader to use the features in real life confidently.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by asim chowdhury
• Book Review: BASIC Oracle SQL & PL/SQL NOTEBOOK - for high performance by asim chowdhury|
• Book Review: ORACLE SQL & PL/SQL Golden Diary - Refactoring, Interoperability of Versions & Integration of related ...|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.