Book: StoryMasters - Advanced Notions in Novel Writing by Gordon A Kesslercategories: Book, Fiction Writing, Writing Books, Storytelling, Writing Rules, Novelists, Readers, Writer, Author, Bestsellers, Kindle, Novel Writing
Gordon A Kesslerabout this book: StoryMasters is especially written for all novelists, from novice to seasoned storytellers.
Much goes into writing a great novel, but much of the story lies beneath the surface of a well-crafted story.
The author's creativity, meticulous plotting, linking subplots, deep point of view, interactive setting, vivid imagery, carefully drawn characters, and insightful, yet invisible subtext--these things are what lies beneath any well-drawn story.
This is the eighth edition of a thoroughly revised Novel Writing Made Simple, and it's been retitled as StoryMasters. You'll discover many of the most important concerns, while delving deeply into your stories as well as your own writer-self to release what needs said—the things that cause readers' emotional adventures to roil and burn in their chests, as the images your words conjure dance and throe in their minds.
Here are just a few of the writing notions within the book:
• Deep point of view, psychic distance and reader empathy
• Ramping up narrative modes and free indirect discourse
• Story tenses, shifts and framing
• Imagery, description and interactive setting—"Dot the Dragon's Eye"
• Dynamic dialogue, internalization and subtext
• Power plotting, backstory, storylines, plots and catalytic subplots—"The Protagonist's Journey"
• Three-dimensional characterization, Yen and Yang, sympathetic characters—The Flawed Protagonist
• Explosive action and realism creation
• Setup instructions for your own StoryBinder
• Self-editing tips, word choices, clarity and syntax
• Distractions, attractions and reactions
• Publishing industry overview, querying editors and agents
• Self-publishing and the "indie" author
• 500+ word lexicon and dozens of useful resources
Please check it out. No matter what your experience level, I guarantee you'll find many well-known writing conventions discussed from a different angle than you've ever seen before--perhaps you'll even discover some that you've never seen explored.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Gordon A Kessler
• Book Review: Writing Vivid Settings - Professional Techniques for Fiction Authors (Writer's Craft Book 10) by Rayne Hall|
• Book Review: Pimp My Fiction - Powerful writing creates bestsellers by Paula Wynne, Rayne Hall (Foreword)|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.