Book: Little Miss HISTORY Travels to The Battleship IOWA - Volume 13 by Barbara Ann Mojicacategories: Book, Military History, Teheran Conference, Churchhill, Stalin, Battleships, World War II, Grey Ghost, Torpedoes and Missiles, W.D. Porter, Big Stick, Naval History
Barbara Ann Mojicaabout this book: A book that provides true facts in an easy-to-read format with fantastic graphics for elementary and middle-grade students. I wrote this book as part of my Little Miss HISTORY Travels to book series to inform, inspire and entertain my readers with the knowledge they need to become critical thinkers and responsible citizens.
"Our Liberties We Prize; Our Right We Will Maintain". So says the motto of USS Iowa (BB-61), also known as "The Big Stick" and "The Grey Ghost."
• Why was the USS Iowa such a powerful fighting force?
• When and where did "The Big Stick" serve?
• What would it be like to live and work on "The Grey Ghost?"
• How did the ship's weapons evolve throughout its history?
• How was this ship involved in FDR's secret mission?
• What near miss almost changed the course of history?
• What disaster took place onboard on April 19, 1989?
• Who was Vicky, the ship's mascot?
• How can you follow Vicky on a treasure hunt?
Read this book now to find out the answers.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Barbara Ann Mojica (more)
• Book Review: Little Miss HISTORY Travels to INTREPID Sea, Air & Space Museum (Volume 5) by Barbara Ann Mojica|
• Book Review: The Adventures of Little Miss HISTORY, Volume I (Volume 1) by Barbara Ann Mojica|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.