Book: What Happened To Kerbie Walobee? by Shamara S. Daviscategories: Book, Teen Fiction, Suspense, Mystery
Shamara S. Davisabout this book: The book is about Michael and Michele, 13 year twins that move from New York to Eerie, Indiana. The find a journal that belonged to someone that used to live in the house and because of things they are told while at school by new friends Tyler and Cherie, they happen upon this 40 year old mystery.
• What inspired you to write this book?
This was originally a project for class as part of NaNoWriMo.
• Who are the primary readers of your book?
The primary readers for this books would be between 11-15 years old.
• How long did it take to write it?
I've been working on the book since August 2012 but had to stop because of school and finally got it finished this 2013.
• How did you come up with the title?
It came outta nowhere. We were told in class to think of a scene and I thought about these two kids and tried to build something around them.
• Why did you choose this cover?
I choose this cover because I wanted to give the sense of a missing child. What Happened to Kerbie Walobee? in my head was a great title for a poster of a missing child.
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part of writing this particular book was making it exciting. I wanted to really do something different, but I like it because it's my own, but I am hoping that the readers like it also.
• Did you do research for your book? What did that involve?
The only research I did was of places in Indiana, because I wanted to use the name of real towns/cities.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
What I learned from writing this book is that it takes a great deal of effort and dedication to really write something pass 8,000 words.
• What do you want to say to your readers?
What I want to say to my readers is that, I really hope you enjoy the book and this is my first mystery and hopefully if I feel that the book is loved I will be writing more.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Shamara S. Davis
• Book Review: Bonfire Confessions of the Asshole Club by R.C. Allen|
• Book Review: The 47th Indiana Volunteer Infantry - A Civil War History by David Williamson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.