Book: Judgment Fire by Marilyn Meredithcategories: Book, Native American, Deputy Tempe Crabtree, Bullying, High School, Prejudice, Wife Battering, House Fire, Ceremonials, Shaman, Small Town, Indian Reservation, Murder Mystery
Marilyn Meredithabout this book: Several ideas and questions motivated me to write this story about Deputy Tempe Crabtree. If you read the book, you'll immediately see why I chose the title JUDGMENT FIRE.
1. What was the reason behind Tempe not embracing her Native American heritage?
2. The bullying that happens in high school when someone is "different."
3. Neighborhood rifts that grow and cause major problems.
5. When Tempe's minister husband's religious beliefs conflict with Native beliefs.
6. The role of a shaman.
7. And of course, fires.
As for research, I did some research into a shaman's role and some Native American ceremonies.
Some of the neighborhood problems I've viewed where I live now, and once lived.
Like in other books, many of the descriptions of homes and other places are based on homes and places I've visited or seen.
But--as I always remind readers, I write fiction and use a lot of imagination.
• "Judgment Fire is not only a down-home mystery with an eccentric and interesting mix of characters, but also a book that deals with the important issues of prejudice, the importance of our past, and letting go." — Carolyn R. Scheidies, Reviewe
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Marilyn Meredith (more)
• Book Review: Calling the Dead (Tempe Crabtree Mystery) by Marilyn Meredith|
• Book Review: Seldom Traveled - Tempe Crabtree Mystery Series by Marilyn Meredith|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.