Book: Our Teenage Years - Growing up in a small town in the 80's (My Life Book 1) by T. J. Wraycategories: Book, True Story, Biography, Adventure, Young Adult, Nonfiction, Roadtrip, Fishing Tales, Werewolf, Alligators, First Job, Best Friends, Memoirs
T. J. Wrayabout this book: I have been saying I was going to write a book my whole life. I waited until I was 46 to start writing. My best friend Terry passed away and I told him two weeks before he passed that I would write a book about his and mine's adventurous teenage years. At his funeral, his wife asked me to get up and speak. I told three or four of the stories in this book. When I finished speaking, Terry's wife and half the congregation were in tears. After the funeral several people came up to me and said I should write a book about our wild adventures. My children had already been telling me for years that I should write a book. It took me two years to complete this book.
This is the story of two teenage boys becoming best friend. All the things we all did for the first time as teenagers. Like our first car and first job. Or like our first girlfriend and first kiss. Plus all the crazy things (and troubles), teenage boys might get into after getting a drivers license. This book is guaranteed to make you laugh and make you cry. If you were around in a time with no internet, cell phones, or cable TV. You will relate to this story. This book has received many, many five star reviews.
Here are a few reviews from Goodreads.com readers.
• Thank you for sharing your memories with everyone T.J. A very special book that I enjoyed reading." ~ Shirley Revill
• There is a common thread throughout the book based upon the life lessons that are relayed either directly or indirectly by the author through the stories. They are worth noting and were some timely reminders to me of what is really important in life. I want to thank T.J. for this as I needed these reminders in so many areas." ~ Leslie Ray
• TJ's adventures made me smile, made me laugh, made me sad, made me nod my head in agreement and made me wince. […] I almost felt like I was reading my own life story. ~ Adrian
• "T.J. Wray is going to tell you a story about his life as a teen and you know what? It is going to make you laugh, break your heart and have you thinking back to your own life as a teen!~ Dianne
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Living The Big Sky Life - Urban Tales Of My Tortured Tenure In by DK King|
• Book Review: Last Days of Summer by Scott Fields|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.