Book: The Cured by David Wind & Terese Ramincategories: Book, Suspense, Mystery, International Mystery, Terrorism, Espionage, Medical Thriller
David Windabout this book: The Cured is a different take on what I usually write—different as well, because it came from a deeply personal experience. A close friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer. He spent several years fighting the disease. In the end the medications, the chemo and the radiation which all combined to seem to stop the cancer, failed. And in what passed for remission, my friend died.
His death got me to thinking about how we blindly we trust the scientists and doctors behind the medications we take. I thought about the myriad law suits fought and won over drugs that harmed instead of helped. I thought about the people behind the drugs, the companies that pushed their products out as fast so they could increase their products, and then I thought about other things, things that a suspense writer would consider.
And The Cured was born. The story is about a cure for cancer, the deaths of thousands of people worldwide, the international medical conglomerate, the doctors, the scientists, the lawyers, the police and FBI and Homeland security… the terrorists.
A classic thriller, The Cured examines what would happen if there is a world-wide recall on a drug that's side effects kills the people it cures. It is about how an International conglomerate would protect itself, it is about how the world operates today.
• "THE CURED is brilliant - I couldn't put it down. What a cracking ending - one of the best suspense-thrillers I've ever read."
— Anna Jacobs, best selling author of Heir to Greyladies and In Search of Hope
• "From the first page, Wind and Ramin take you on a non-stop, life and death race. An intricate but believable plot leads to breathe stealing suspense…."
— Annette Mahon, author of the St. Rose Quilting Bee Mystery Series
• "This fast paced and enthralling thriller is a collaboration between David Wind and Therese Ramin, both of whom are very well-established writers and it shows. This is an excellent read and a real page-turner with lots of cliff-hangers at the end of chapters making me want to read on and find out what was going to happen next."
— Celia Conrad
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by David Wind
Video: The Cured by David Wind
• Book Review: A Simple Cure by Lawrence Gold, M.D.|
• Book Review: Cancer Free 123 - 123 Things That Prevent or Destroy Cancer by Julie Joyce|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.