Book: How to Make Maple Syrup (Simple Living Skills Book 1) by Joan Donaldsoncategories: Book, Simple Living, Organic Farming, Homesteading, Gardening, Natural Foods, Maple Syrup
Joan Donaldsonabout this book: Do you have a few sugar maple trees in your front yard or next to the street and you would like to try making maple syrup? Then read through this short book, and you will find a basic guide that will explain the process. You will learn when to tap your trees and how the weather creates the conditions for sugaring, plus what sort of spiles to use and how far to drill into the tree. Donaldson offers tips such as tossing in butter to keep the syrup from boiling over the pan. And you will discover more about the history of sugaring where the best geographic locations exist for cultivating a sugar bush. A few recipes are included to help the beginner learn to use syrup in other dishes besides dousing pancakes.
• "I liked it. simple and to the point. looking forward to trying to make maple syrup next year." — Paul N
• "This is a good intro book. It was a quick read that gave good info for the beginner. I recommend it." — Connie
• "As a first-timer, married to a long timer, this book was just what I needed to explain the process. Simple terms and easy to understand, like sitting around the camp fire with an old-timer explaining his process. Delightful!" — D Hunt
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Joan Donaldson
• Book Review: Wedded to the Land - Stories From a Simple Life on an Organic Fruit Farm by Joan Donaldson|
• Book Review: Maple and Friends - Maple Meets Cyle Monster by Mark Welch|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.