Book: New Love, New Life by Terry Atkinsoncategories: Book, Life, New Love, Relationships, Romance, Heartbreak, Romantic, Loving, Short Story, Love Story, Broken Heart, Self Help, Love
Terry Atkinsonabout this book: Linda and John have reached a point in their relationship where they simply cannot continue. It is a sad moment for them and Linda's heart is broken.
She takes solace in her little garden and gently tends a tree that has been left for dead. Somehow, Linda feels she can learn a lesson in new life and new love from observing nature and the tentative growth of her plucky little tree.
Although both Linda and John had mutually agreed to part ways, neither of them had been able to really move on. They needed to meet and finish some unfinished "business" before they could carry on with their lives and create fresh relationships.
This story is about the power of communication and the power of facing up to our mistakes and fixing the past so that we can move on with the future.
It is a powerful romantic story, but contains a good life lesson within the beauty of the writing. A great read for anyone looking to improve their relationships in any way. Some valuable messages even as one gets swept away in the story.
Here are some reviews:
• 'The story is about being honest with oneself about why a relationship failed. A must read for anyone that really wants to succeed with their relationships but had past failures.'
• 'The character's self-reflection and comparison of herself and her journey to that of her garden was lovely, and I wish I had had this depth of self-understanding when going through painful experiences in the past. I would share this story with anyone going through a difficult time as a flicker of hope.'
• 'When life has given you a bad turn, a little expression of new life in your garden may change your perspective; something small can be a catalyst to renewing your own life. To Linda, this realization came in a way that would change her life.'
• 'What a great hopeful read for anyone who truly wants to grow inside out. Just when all hope seems lost, it is found again.'
• 'We can't survive on our own, nothing can & nothing does - we need to be true to ourselves so that we can be true with others. Another meaningful story with a real life twist by Terry Atkinson.'
• 'Terry has such wisdom which she shares with her readers as in this book.'
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Terry Atkinson (more)
• Book Review: Lost Love by Terry Atkinson|
• Book Review: Life's Rhythms by Terry Atkinson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.