Book: CAPTURED - My Sworn Enemy, My Secret Lover by Eve Rabicategories: Book, Romantic, Romance, Fiction, Modern-Day Love Story, Interracial, Multicultural, Fiction for Women, Love Story
Eve Rabiabout this book: CAPTURED – My Sworn Enemy, My Secret Lover is a story about forbidden love between an American soldier and an Iraqi doctor.
When Megan Saunders is captured by militants while fighting in Iraq, she is badly injured.
The militants call in Dr Reed Kader, who treats Megan's injuries. While treating her, he becomes protective of her and shields her from more menacing militants.
Even though he's taking care of Megan, Dark and brooding Reed hates Americans, as he believes that they are responsible for the deaths of his wife and children.
While captured, Megan is held as a slave, treated harshly and forced to deliver inflammatory statements against the US, which soon places her on the FBI's Most Wanted list.
However, as time goes by Megan and Reed connect and when Megan falls pregnant, their relationship becomes complicated. Problem is, not only is Megan a US soldier, she is also married to an Assistant Police Commissioner. When Megan's life is threatened, Reed tries to help Megan escape; however, he will not allow her to take the baby back to the US.
CAPTURED – My Sworn Enemy, My Secret Lover is a modern-day, moving love story, set in Iraq and the US.
Reviews from Amazon Readers:
• "Ms. Rabi, yet again, does an amazing job bringing the characters to life. You will hurt with Megan, you will love Angel-Man, you fill fear Omar, you will adore Leanne and despise Darla. There is plenty of action, realistic scenarios, lust and love from beginning to end. I was so drawn in by the end that I HAD to go on to Book 2."
• "So amazing. can't wait for the next one. keeps you on the edge of your seat...you really feel with the characters. I loved it."
• "The love her n Reed find is beautiful in such an unbeautiful situation. Loved Leanne. Hated Darla from the get go. I read the Gringa books and l loved those so I just had to see what else this brilliant author came up with. Wonderful writing and gripping story telling Ms. Rabi you are a blessing to us who like our books raw and life like. Thanks!"
• "… a surprisingly good (for a person who doesn't read/watch things related to war) gritty, emotional read with twists and turns. Rabi is especially gifted at creating unusual well-drawn characters in complicated, riveting to read about, situations. Her work is also, always, hilarious--characters say and do the funniest things."
• "I can't say enough good things about this story! I did not stop once I started. So worth the money. The plot was insane and intelligent. Awesome author!!!"
• "Eve Rabi produces a gritty and exceptionally emotional book. Her writing ability is extraordinary and as a reader I felt as if I was there with Megan for most of her ordeals. There is wry humor in the book to offset the seriousness and violence. At every turn I expected the worst for the heroine in the beginning of the book and yet she survives. This is a raw, knife edge story with undertones of social comment about forbidden love, that will keep you turning the page to find out what happens next. This is a very modern love story."
• "This was definitely a page turner. So many twist and turns. I don't think there was one dull moment in the entire story. I really felt for Megan and Reed. At one point I wonder how much pain a couple could endure."
• "Yep, yet again, I was too engrossed to stop reading that I managed to stay up telling myself "just one more chapter" before bed. 2 hours sleep before work isn't really substantial but it was worth it. Was one of those books you can't put down! Can't wait to read the next one from this author."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Eve Rabi
Video: CAPTURED - My Sworn Enemy, My Secret Lover by Eve Rabi
• Book Review: You Will Pay - She Left Her Abusive Husband, He Took Revenge by Eve Rabi|
• Book Review: Romance - A Spark of passion by Amanda Reed|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.