Book: The Good Lawyer - A Novel by Thomas Benignocategories: Book, Mystery and Suspense, Legal Fiction, Suspense, Legal Thriller
Thomas Benignoabout this book: The Good Lawyer is inspired by my experiences as a Legal Aid Attorney in the South Bronx from 1979 to 1984. During that time I had two infamous cases. I was attorney for the Spiderman Rapist and I represented a teacher's aid charged with molesting three students. I wrote The Good Lawyer because I wanted to tell the story of how a wholesome young criminal defense lawyer with only the best of intentions can fall victim to his own goodness. It is in many ways a novice lawyer's coming of age story set in the confines of a legal thriller, a mob story and a love story combined.
• The primary readers of my novel as identified by its 1,930 facebook fans run the gamut, but middle aged women seem to be the largest reader base.
• The first draft took eighteen months and then there was years of editing with the help of two professional editors, while I, at the same time, practiced law full time, as I still do.
• The original title was The Confession then Grisham came out with it, which left me to take the next best title from the quote at the beginning of the book by Charles Dickens: "If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers." In retrospect, The Good Lawyer is the better of the two and one great title.
• The cover was found by accident while combing the internet. It was taken by a Bronx juror who let me use it for free, despite my willingness to pay (I got that in writing by the way).
• To my readers I can only give my joyous and heartfelt thanks. They have made this an ebook bestseller since May 2, 2012.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: A Patriot's Act (Brent Marks Legal Thriller Series Book 2) by Kenneth Eade|
• Book Review: Predatory Kill - A Legal Thriller - Can Too Big to Fail Get Away with Murder? by Kenneth Eade|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.