Book: An Uncommon Vocabulary by Jim Boydcategories: Book, Philosophy, Psychology, Self-Help, Reference, Vocabulary, New Age Thought, Language
Jim Boydabout this book: There are two activities in life that are essential to one's happiness. The first is to have one's day (to explore, engage and enjoy life) and the second is to say one's say (to say the words to oneself and/or to others that one needs to say). "An Uncommon Vocabulary" is and A-Z book of common words and phrases that are described in a manner better suited to them in the opinion of the author. The concepts described herein are working definitions, definitions that can be brought to mind to facilitate one's thinking and actions within a given set of circumstance. When a working definition is properly occasioned, brought to mind at the appropriated time and in the appropriate circumstances, advantageous effects flow from it. In this way one's personal narrative (thinking vocabulary) is made richer and more rewarding, and one becomes more coherent and positive in dealing with everyday events.
This is a book of philosophy thinly disguised as a reference dictionary. As mentioned above, it is intentioned to assist the reader in developing an effective and rewarding thinking vocabulary.
Excerpts from reviews (Amazon and Goodreads):
• "Intriguing and fun read"
• "Language at its finest"
• "Boyd has a dry and sophisticated sense of humor paired with an enlightened world view"
• "Fun, quirky little book that makes you think again about what certain phrases mean and when you should (or shouldn't) use them"
• "Hilarious for those with the wit to read between the lines"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: 100 Common English Words That Have Different Meanings by Fraih Solaiman|
• Book Review: Logic List English - Rhyming Words ect. by Tony Sandy|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.