Book: Missing Clayton by Bev Irwincategories: Book, Missing Child, Kidnapper, Police Search, Secrets, PTSD, Search Dog, Single Mother, Family Relationships, New Love, Abusive Husbands, Controlling Family, Police Brutality, Kidnapping
Bev Irwin a.k.a. Kendra Jamesabout this book: She was only inside for a few minutes. Making their lunch. Where did Clayton go? Single mother Jenny Kingsley searches the backyard, then the front yard. Terror cripples her when she sees the gate in the front yard swinging on it's hinges. The gate that her five-year old son can not open on his own.
What secrets does her neighbor, Steve, harbor? Why is his relationship with the police? Is he only pretending to care for Jenny? He's helping with the search for Clayton, but is that just a ruse to cover up his involvement in the kidnapping?
• "Missing Clayton is a superb piece of writing that I could not put it down and read into the wee hours of the morning. Irwin's character are perfect." — Claudette Foy
• "Missing Clayton captures the nerve wracking and emotionally devastating experience no parent should have to endure. Clues knit together and the events leading up to the tension-filled climax tie the story into a neat package of action, suspense, and thrills." — Carole Avila, Author
• "Missing Clayton kept me spellbound and I couldn't wait to find out what happened! Ms Irwin's writing style pulls you into the book where you can feel this mother's pain and fear in searching for her son." — Kaftyvada
• "Bev Irwin has a knack for writing very realistically and emotionally from many points of view, even the protagonist. A story of loss and pain from the mother's perspective that grips you and leaves you praying for her and her son's safe return." — Marcia
• "Bev brings the most terrifying situations to life with compassion and thoroughness. Her characters are so well written you think you know them and you could feel the mother's angst and terror over losing her son." — Gbash
• "Bev Irwin brings us a very intense story and keeps it rolling throughout the book. I really loved this book and couldn't put it down." — Miss Lyn
• "Bev Irwin has captured the essence of a parent's worst nightmare. Kudos to Bev; great work!" — Nada
• "Missing Clayton is a thrilling story about a five year old boy taken from his backyard in the middle of day. Irwin has managed to capture the mentality of a small town in the middle of the farming county so well that every character jumps off the page and becomes alive, even the bloodhound Missy hot on the trail of the missing boy." — Mica Maca
• "Irwin has done an excellent job of making the villain seem real, in fact, all of her characters are completely three dimensional and believable. The plot twists and turns kept me reading to the very last page, I gave up emails, dinner, and television to finish the book." — Taylor
• "Irwin did a brilliant job of showing us Jenny's felling of terror, love, and guilt as the story progresses. The thing I liked best about the book is the ring of truth it has, feeling so authentic it makes me wonder if Ms. Irwin hasn't been through exactly the same thing herself." — Reggie
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Bev Irwin a.k.a. Kendra James
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: In His Father's Footsteps by Bev Irwin|
• Book Review: The Single Mother - Stress Less & Thrive by Shirelle Brown|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.