Book: Sazzae by J L Morincategories: Book, Lovers, Triangle, Gay, Harvard, Tokyo, Untouchable, Teen Idol, Singer, Painter, Japan
J. L. Morinabout this book: SAZZAE, Gold Medal winner of the 2010 eLit Book Award, and 2010 winner of a Living Now Book Award, started as a creative thesis at Harvard.
J.L. Morin, nominated for the Pushcart Prize, opens the door to a wondrous cityscape where Japanese and American youth find each other in Tokyo. Discover the machinations of a lovers' triangle, a painter's inspiration, and a teen idol's dark secret through sensuous and evocative language. The pain and pleasures of Japan are remembered with lyric passion.
• "Step into Sazzae and embark on an ethereal journey of lyrical imagery, manga-esque twists and turns, and intriguing characters at once both fanciful and engaging." — Alex Sanchez, Author of Rainbow Boys and Bait
• "Morin's wit can be delicious. Her Tokyo actuality puts Morin several cuts above contemporary American novelists who bash Japan." — Canberra Times
• "Like opening an expensive box of chocolates." — Sini Cedercreutz
• "Her most delightful descriptions are of the intrigues in the personal lives of the protagonists." — The Harvard Crimson
• "Japanese myth beautifully percolates into the lives of the three young people." — The Harvard Independent, by Tiffany Hsieh
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by J. L. Morin
• Book Review: America Libre by Raul Ramos y Sanchez|
• Book Review: Looking Glass Friends by E. L. Neve|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.