Book: Never to be Seen Again by R. Shangitcategories: Book, Political, Industry, Education, It Support, Humour
R. Shangitabout this book: Never to be Seen Again is a humorous insight into my working life, which started out as an electrician, but owing to circumstances diversified into IT support. Whilst aimed at humour, I also try to demonstrate the inadequacies of UK industry at this time.
• What inspired you to write this book?
My inspiration for writing the book came out of my habit for telling anecdotes to my children and friends, a lot of whom were amused by the stories. I started the original notes with pen and paper, transferring to a PC some time later. It took me about six years to write it, though in the early days I had no intention of publishing it. I was writing purely for pleasure, but was persuaded to publish on Kindle.
• How did you come up with the title?
My wife chose the title after reading the draft: The phrase "Never to be Seen Again" appeared in several chapters.
• Why did you choose this cover?
The cover for my book was drawn by my youngest daughter; Lisa Kathryn. I am told that the likeness to me is striking!
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part of writing for me was finding the correct grammar for certain situations, since I had no previous experience in this field. Google was/is my best friend!
• Did you do research for your book?
No real research was required, as everything was stored in my memory. It was however a challenge to put these random memories on paper, and required some changing around of characters to make things "flow."
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Writing the book was a steep learning curve, and I learned much from it. In learning a lot, I also realised that I had much to learn!
• What do you want to say to your readers?
My intention was/is to make people laugh; to add some humour to their life. There is, however, a more serious side to this book.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by R. Shangit
• Book Review: CAREER SUCCESS IN THE RETAIL INDUSTRY - ADVANCE FROM A PART-TIME EMPLOYEE TO MAKING OVER $250,000 PER YEAR ...|
• Book Review: Think Career !! The Young Person's Guide to Career Planning in the Real World by Nicole M. Quarles-Thomas|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.