Book: No Girl on this Train by Tottie Limejuice with Kate Pillcategories: Book, Writing Process, Essays, Rural France, Betareader, Humour
Tottie Limejuiceabout this book: What the readers say:
• 'this is not for the faint hearted or if you're the prim and proper type of person, it's jam packed with toilet humour. Very very funny so that once or twice my husband even asked what I was sniggering out loud at'
• 'thought I'd read some of this before going to sleep - no chance...I've snorted and sniggered all the way through it. Very very funny - wide awake now'
• 'be careful where you read this one, it's a cracker! A brief gem, with genuine 'lol' moments - I enjoyed it tremendously'
• 'it's short, it's somewhat silly and the humour verges on lavatorial'
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes in the production of a book? Many authors rely on a dedicated team of betareaders, those essential second eyes who pounce on any errors or inconsistencies.
Tottie Limejuice, who also writes crime fiction as L M Krier has a team of invaluable betareaders from England, Wales, Italy, France and Australia. Although the books are all written in English, some of it is northern colloquial which can lead to some hilarious exchanges, as can the peculiarities of life in rural France.
So here, for your amusement, are some examples of what goes on in the exchange between author and bewildered beta in the production of the books.
And the title? Well, a fellow crime writer unwisely challenged Tottie to use it for something, and Tottie does love a challenge! Why not give it a go?
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Tottie Limejuice
• Book Review: Hobbit House in Italy by Tottie Limejuice|
• Book Review: Angling Bumateurs - Book 5 in the Sell the Pig trilogy by Tottie Limejuice|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.