Book: Operation Underpants by Mark A. Biggscategories: Book, Action, Adventure, Espionage, Venerable, Aged Care, Janus Machine, Cold War Spies, Humour
Mark A. Biggsabout this book: An Uplifting Story. Voted book of the Month by Wise Grey Owl - United Kingdom 2016.
If you are after something a little different, then Operation Underpants is for you. An easy read - full of action, adventure and humour combined with poignant social commentary.
Forgotten and waiting to die, 87 year of old's, Max and Olivia live in a nursing home in Australia. They met as teenagers on covert operations during WW2. After the war they married and under the guise of a doddering vicar and his wife, continued a life of secrets as cold war spies. After reading a secret message in the newspaper, Max and Olivia are called back into action. They must escape from the nursing home and return to the United Kingdom to retrieve the Janus Machine hidden in the dying days of the war. Although pursued by the police and those determined to stop them, the fate of London and much of the world hangs in the balance – they must succeed.
What people are saying about Operation Underpants!
• There's stinging social comment in this as well as comedy.
• Super book- I've just finished it and boy was I 'p ... d" you left us hanging about Max! So many local and personal references to make me laugh!
• Talk about an entertaining read that keeps you reading. It's a really good read...I've been telling everyone I meet to get it.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Mark A. Biggs
• Book Review: Trilogy by John Lock|
• Book Review: The Elite of the Weak (Revelation Special Ops Book 1) by Precarious Yates|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.