Book: Joe -- the Horse Nobody Loved (Burton's Farm Series Book 1) by Vicky S Kaseorgcategories: Book, Horse Training, Coming of Age, Riding, Horse Shows, Hackneys, Barrel Racing, Bitless, Bareback, Cart Horses, Farms, Horses
Vicky S Kaseorgabout this book: Fifty years ago, I was a shy nine year old that walked a mile to a decrepit farm to ask for a job. I would do anything to be around the horses. They gave me the incredible privilege of shoveling manure in exchange for riding privileges. I could choose any horse.
I chose the meanest, ugliest horse that no one could ride.
Fifty years later, I wrote his true story, Joe, the horse nobody loved...except me. I loved him in my clueless wonder, and he changed my life.
This book is perhaps the one of my eighteen books that best captures my soul.
• Vicky Kaseorg is the newer version of Marguerite Henry or Walter Farley only it was her own life story. I can't give her a better recommendation other than to give it 10 stars.
• It is by far one of the best books I have ever read! It is so well written. When you read it you feel a connection to the horse Joe as if you knew him and he was your horse.
• Not since I first read The Diary of Anne Frank as a child have I been so moved by a true story. Several scenes reduced me to tears of joy and sorrow.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Vicky S Kaseorg (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Gidget --The Horse I Didn't Own (The Burton's Farm Series Book 3) by Vicky S Kaseorg|
• Book Review: Gidget - The Horse That Waited for Me (Burton's Farm Series Book 4) by Vicky S Kaseorg|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.