Book: The Calling by Nick Jonescategories: Book, Short Story, Supernatural, Chilling, Scary, Stephen King, Horror
Nick Jonesabout this book: Are you a Stephen King fan? Then this chilling short story might be for you. It's an ideal late bedtime read. A man wakes in a forest with no idea who he is, or how he got there. Slowly his memories return. A mysterious hotel fire, a girl who may be his daughter, fragments of a life he wants back. In the next few hours he will be drawn by a powerful calling and discover a sinister truth. One he could never have imagined.
A top-rated story guaranteed to stay with you when the lights go out.
5 star rated reviews!
• Read this before I went to sleep - probably not the best time ;) Great story, kept me wondering and thinking to the end...and beyond the end ...
• Very carefully crafted short story, which builds beautifully towards an unexpected and exciting climax. Perfect for Halloween, or anytime of year, if you fancy a thrilling story packed with intense description that unfolds to reveal an interesting and tense conclusion.
• A good little horror story for reading on a cold winter night under a warm blanket, maybe with a large glass of red!
• A short, chilling tale, which has a particularly nasty twist that I really wasn't expecting. Ideal for reading out loud in front of the fire on a dark stormy night!
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Nick Jones
• Book Review: Calling All Angels Taxi to a New Eden by Mary Cox Garner|
• Audiobook Review: In the Tall Grass by Stephen King, Joe Hill (read by Stephen Lang)|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.