Book: Dead Things - A Collection of Horror (Chamber of Horror Series Book 8) by Billy Wellscategories: Book, Scary, Short Stories, Thriller, Fiction, Horror
Billy Wellsabout this book: The book is a collection of twelve horror stories. The table of contents is as follows:
• SOMETHING IN THE WELL: Jules has no choice but to go to the well where a demon granted a wish that saved his father's life for a price.
• SOMEONE TO KILL: Brent has a butcher knife and he's looking for someone to kill on a lonely street tonight.
• GRANDPA: The zombie apocalypse has begun and Grandpa is near death in the next room.
• THE PARTY: A man crashes a Halloween party mysteriously held in a dilapidated mansion unoccupied for decades.
• THE FEUD: After twelve years of truce between two feuding families, Jasper Stump is missing and a beast is devouring people in the woods.
• THE TOASTER: The City of Baltimore appropriates funds to move Edgar Allen Poe's gravesite to a new mausoleum.
• SHADY REST: A rehabilitated psychopath, who inherited millions, leaves the asylum with eight friends willing to share her sprawling mansion.
• THE LOSER: A disillusioned wife regrets marrying her loser husband who fathered two pathetic dolts and fantasizes how great life would be without them.
• NIGHT VISITORS: A horror writer fears the torturers he created in his stories will come for him one dark night.
• LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT: Two young lovers infatuated with one another begin to see imperfections as their wedding day approaches.
• THE JOKER: An author plans to use the comedic M.O. of the way a real serial killer staged his victims in his next novel.
• THE VAMPIRE KILLER: A man claims the iconic rock star he killed with a wooden stake was a vampire not a man.
Readers will enjoy the stories in this book because every one has a plot and an ending which is uncommon for a horror story collection. There is variety. Every story is unlike any other.
The primary readers are horror fans. Many of the stories are quite gruesome and if you as a reader do not enjoy horror, please don't buy the book. Otherwise, enjoy the horror!
I wrote this book in about six months. The book contains the 123-134 story I have written in my life. I have written three more since. Consequently, I am way past the need for inspiration when it comes to writing a book. It is more devotion to what I want to do out of love for creative writing.
My four previous books were entiled Scary Stories: A Collection of Horror- Vols. 1-4. I decided to give this book a stand alone title. I made a list of about thirty possible titles, and after I ran across the cover picture, I decided on Dead Things.
The hardest part of writing to me is the editing, which I hate. I hired a professional editor after an extensive period of personal editing. The frustrating part is almost every story I've written I want to change each time I read it.
I learned when writing the book that the more stories I write the harder it is to come up with new ideas for stories
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Billy Wells (more)
Video: Dead Things - The book includes twelve of the author's scariest stories
• Book Review: Shivers and other nightmares (Chamber of Horror Series) by Billy Wells|
• Book Review: Scary Stories - A Collection of Horror - Volume 1 (Chamber of Horror Series) by Billy Wells|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.