Book: the governess by Noorilhudacategories: Book, Women's Fiction, Literary Fiction, Religious, Inspirational, Death, Grief, Strong Female Protagonist, Family, Relationships, Historical Romance
Noorilhudaabout this book: SYNOPSIS: A movingly passionate and introspective character analysis of lonely people living through emotional abuse, grief and guilt.
• "In Noorilhuda's long, detailed, and frequently absorbing novel, Jane is a remarkable, well-drawn character, a woman who has known pain and hardship in her life and refused to let it curdle her. A great deal of the pleasure of this sedately-paced novel comes from watching her slowly and subtly change the lives of everyone connected with the Cavendish family. The novel itself has slight style and format questions, but the story in these pages is a very satisfying - and ultimately uplifting - one that will win over all but the most skeptical readers." — Historical Novel Society
• "Probably not one for the reader wanting an 'easy' historical romance. The strength in the story for me lying not so much in the period details but the social commentary, the psychological delving into the characters (Jane in particular) and the fact that it had the makings of a great piece on early feminism." — Tracy Terry, Blogger 'Pen & Paper'
• "This book is not a short, easy read, but it is well-worth your time. You will find the story to be captivating, in spite of its simplicity. You will cry with the characters, learn about human nature, and speculate on the meaning of life ... This is an excellent book!" — David Burnett, Kindle Book Review
• "This isn't a romance novel. It's an exploration of some very real, very difficult social situations and weaves several subplots into the main one that follows Jane on her road to redemption and self actualization ... It's designed to be thought about, internalized and talked about ... A lot to take on in a single story, but I think it is done very well. A wonderful story." — Patricia Hamill, Author and Blogger
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Noorilhuda
• Movie Review: The Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue|
• Book Review: Sunlight - The Story of a Girl Who Didn’t Laugh and a Boy Who Wished to Fly by Hugh Anthony Levine|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.