Book: A Stranger On My Land - A Civil War Romance by Sandra Merville Hartcategories: Book, American Civil War, Battle Above Clouds, Lookout Mountain, Inspirational, Civil War Romance, Civil War Nurses, Chattanooga Civil War, Consumption, Long Term Illness, Civil War Amputations, Caves, Tennessee, Historical Romance
Sandra Merville Hartabout this book: The Civil War ushered in dark days to America. It challenged soldiers to their core, but they weren't alone in their struggles.
In this inspirational romance, Carrie Bishop finds a wounded Union soldier, Adam Hendricks, outside her Lookout Mountain home the day after the famous Battle Above the Clouds while hiding out from the armies. As Adam's condition worsens, her ailing aunt encourages her to allow him to die. It would leave one less Yankee for the Confederate Army to worry about.
Carrie can't turn her back on this brave, teasing soldier she's grown to love, but how can she risk exposing her family's hiding place to save his life?
• "What a treat!! I loved the characters and the realistic setting." — Gwen, Goodreads Reviewer
• "I was captivated from the beginning until the end. I can't wait to read more by this author." — Amy, Goodreads Reviewer
• "The descriptions of the area and the characters made me feel like I was right there beside them. I read many historical fiction stories and enjoyed this one tremendously." — Grams513, Amazon Reviewer
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: The RED PATH - Indian Brigades in the Civil War by Robert W. Walker|
• Book Review: Civil War Journal of a Union Soldier by P.C. Zick|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.