Book: An Uncollected Death (The Charlotte Anthony Mysteries Book 1) by Meg Wolfecategories: Book, Traditional Mystery, Contemporary Women's Fiction, Female Amateur Detective, Downsizing and Decluttering, Amatuer Sleuth, Cozy Mystery, Romance, Mother Daughter, Historical Puzzle, Following Clues, Small Town USA, Historical Murder Mystery
Meg Wolfeabout this book: An Uncollected Death is the first of the Charlotte Anthony Mysteries. There are currently four books in the series and a fifth is due for release in December 2019.
I always intended this book to be the first in an ongoing saga and this meant that I could justify spending a lot of time on the research, character development, and world-building side of things. I also got to indulge my passion for history and one of the overarching themes of this book and the entire series is that the past always informs the present.
Prior to The Charlotte Anthony Mysteries I was a moderately successful nonfiction author specializing in lifestyle and cookery books. I did write a couple of novels several decades ago but they have never been published which is probably for the best. I realize now that novels without life experience are not generally a good idea. At least not for me.
I do not rush my writing, and only produce one new book a year on average. I like it this way as it allows the story to gain depth during the process. Believable characters, Layers, subplots, and thematic shifts are all important elements of my writing but the main story never gets lost. I have a wonderful team of advance readers and editors to make sure that my storytelling remains sharp and on point.
• "Intelligent, inventive, and very well written, An Uncollected Death kept me reading long into the night and enjoying every word. Keep your eye on Meg Wolfe. She's a writer to watch." — Susan Wittig Albert.
• "A tale of secrets, puzzles, rare books, and a woman's resilience in a time of crisis, An Uncollected Death is the perfect read for classic mystery lovers." — Elizabeth S. Craig.
• "What a fun debut mystery! In An Uncollected Death, author Meg Wolfe skillfully weaves together my favorite elements from both cozy mysteries and women's fiction." — M. Louisa Locke.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Death by Killer Mop Doll by Lois Winston|
• Book Review: Dead Editor File (The Taylor Browning Cozy Mysteries Book 1) by G G Collins|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.