Book: A Shadow Life by Leta McCurrycategories: Book, Women's Fiction, Southern Fiction, Depression Era, Strong Women, Texas, Texas Hill Country, Historical Fiction
Leta McCurryabout this book: I was fascinated with the idea for this book from the time I discovered a very old records page in my mother's Bible after she passed away. The record contradicted a part of our family history we had always thought to be true. This set me thinking…. what if? And A Shadow Life was conceived.
The story took about a year to write and it was quite a journey for me. The most difficult character was Ruby Jo, but she is also, flawed as she is, my favorite in the book. The demons she fought set her on a path to destruction and I ached for her.
Readers have been very kind in posting some great reviews. Here are excerpts from a couple of my favorites.
• "There is no way I was able to foresee where the book was headed. It is compelling, provocative, and holds readers in thrall as the magical twists and turns evolve into a wonderful closing. I loved it! "
• "For the first time ever, I found myself "talking" to her characters as if I was actually there. That is how real her characters feel."
• "I am absolutely in love with this book! Its 4:30 in the morning, I couldn't put it down. This story had everything I could want in a book. I was in suspense, mad, I hated certain characters and I absolutely loved others. I cried, I was afraid and I just couldn't get enough."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Run, Run, Run Away (The Ivy Chronicles 1) by C. R. Cummings|
• Book Review: The Late Sooner by Sally Jadlow|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.