Book: Brazil by Errol Lincoln Uyscategories: Book, History, Brazil, Epic, Family Saga, South America, Brazilian Rain Forest, Brazilian Culture, Brazil Travel, Brazil Indians, Amazon River, Violence in Brazil, Historical Fiction
Errol Lincoln Uysabout this book: "A masterpiece! Brazil has the feel of an enchanted virgin forest, a totally new and original world for the reader-explorer to discover." - L'Express, Paris
Through the lives of two powerful families, Brazil depicts five turbulent centuries in the history of a remarkable land. From colony to kingdom, from empire to nation, Brazil is filled with memorable people living through one of the great adventures in human history.
Brazil is an intensely human story, brutal and violent, tender and passionate. Perilous explorations through the Brazilian wilderness . . . the perpetual clash of pioneer and native, visionary and fortune hunter, master and slave, zealot and exploiter . . . the thunder of war on land and sea as European powers and South American nations pursue their territorial conquests... the triumphs and tragedies of a people who built a nation covering half the South American continent, all are here in one spell-binding saga.
A spellbinding saga on a truly epic scale with a stunning cast of real and fictional characters, Brazil unfolds "at ground level" in South America, Africa and Europe.
• "A massive, richly detailed work." - Washington Post.
• "Pulsing with vigor... Uys recreates history almost entirely at 'ground level,' through the eyes and actions of an awesome cast of characters." - Publishers Weekly
• "Uys is the first outsider with the total honesty and sympathy to write our national epic in all its decisive episodes. Descriptions like those of the war with Paraguay are unsurpassed in our literature and evoke the great passages of 'War and Peace.'" -- Wilson Martins, Jornal do Brasil
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Errol Lincoln Uys
• Book Review: Dia a Dia - Language, life and culture (Brazilian Portuguese) (Volume 2) (Portuguese Edition) by Edinaldo ...|
• Book Review: Flying for Jesus by Lee Carver|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.